Thursday, 15 April 2010

Felt - Sunlight Bathed The Golden Glow


More often than not, if you spy this absolute classic masterpiece on the 'blogosphere' these days, it's actually the shorter version of the song which is taken from "The Strange Idols Pattern" album. This has prompted me to rip this, the original single version, complete with ornate string section and female backing vocals (which possibly detract from the song's simple pop majesty depending on your opinion). For good measure, I've also included the B- sides of the single (including the shimmering instrumental take, "Sunlight Strings") and every other version I have of the song (album version, two demo versions and a live one). Viva Lawrence. And Maurice Deebank.

Glow.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this, Christopher - I'd never heard this version! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please please please re-up. ptszymczak@me.com

    ReplyDelete