Friday, 26 August 2011

Cocteau Twins - Kilburn National Ballroom, 18th November 1986.

Another one from the cassette archive, this captures the Twins in the midst of their swirling ethereal-a-delic period, having just released the "Love's Easy Tears" EP and their collaboration with Harold Budd. I saw them on this tour, at the cavernous Royal Centre in Nottingham and to my 16 year old ears they seemed devastatingly loud. That three people could fill a large hall with such a pounding other-worldly noise that had absolutely nothing to do with "rock music" made quite an impression on me. Cathedrals of sound indeed.

Kilburn National Ballroom, London 18/11/1986: Lazy Calm/Hitherto/Sigh's Smell Of Farewell/My Love Paramour/Sea Swallow Me/Plain Tiger/Love's Easy Tears/My Hue And Cry/Sugar Hiccup/Pearly Dewdrops' Drops/Pink Orange Red/Aikea Guinea/Sugar Hiccup

No comments:

Post a Comment